Google Website Translator Gadget

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Indonesian Coal Mining Association opposes low-grade Coal Export ban

Wednesday, 10 August 11

The Indonesian Coal Mining Association (ICMA) frowns on and challenges the government plan to ban the low-grade coal export inferior to 5,100 kcal/kg, to be effective 2014. “ICMA disagrees over this.

"We oppose it and plead for its postponement,” said, ICMA’s Executive Director Suhala Supriatna.

The government is currently drawing up a regulation to ban the export of coal below 5,100 kcal/kg (adb). The implementation of the regulation is expected as of January 12, 2014, aiming that the coal with low-grade can be upgraded upfront prior to export.

According to Suhala, there is no demonstrably proven and reliable technology to upgrade low calorific value coal to higher-grade coal. Currently existing is negligible technology only as applied by a Japanese UBC at an Arutmin mine. Binderless Coal Briquetting plant (BCB Plant) constructed in Tabang mine, Indonesia, which is owned by PT Bayan Resources.

When the regulation is enforced, many low grade coal producers will face the problem.

Constructing coal upgrading technology is costly, requiring at least over US$75 million. That is why, it entails incentives, such as a reduction in coal royalty and taxes. “we have not yet proposed. How much will the royalty and taxes be,” Suhala said.

According to him, the regulation is being drafted by bureaucrats, but they don’t understood the business as this is a tough regulation to implement. He calls [the government’s attention] not to control and dictate investments.

He notes at least there will be four low-grade coal producers being affected as they are already in the production stage. Those four coal producers together might produce 5 million ton or more per annum.

If you believe an article violates your rights or the rights of others, please contact us.

(sourced coalspot)

1 comment:

Putri Adiratnaa said...

Loan Opportunity Offered By Mr, Benjamin That Save My Family From Financial Bondage { lfdsloans@outlook.com}

Hello Everyone, I am Putri Adiratnaa single mom from Jakarta, I would like to share this great testimony on how I got a loan from Mr, Benjamin, when we were driven out of our home when I couldn't pay my bills anymore, After being scammed by various companies online and denied a loan from my bank and some other credit union I visited. My children were taken by the foster care, I was all alone in the street. The day i shamefully walked into an old school mate who introduced me to Daisy Maureen. At first I told her that I am not ready to take any risk of requesting a loan online anymore, but she assured me that I will receive my loan from them. On a second thought, due to my homelessness I had to take a trial and applied for the loan, luckily for me I received a loan of $80,000.00 from Mr, Benjamin. I'm happy I took the risk and applied for the loan. My kids have been given back to me and now I own a home and a business of my own. All thanks and gratitude goes to  the help of Mr, Benjamin for giving me a meaning to life when i had lost all hope. If you currently seeking for a loan assistance, you can contact them via: { lfdsloans@outlook.com  WhatsApp +1-989-394-3740