Google Website Translator Gadget

Friday, November 18, 2011

WA undecided on proposed coal mine at Osmington

Friday, 18 Nov 2011

Margaret River residents may have to wait until after Christmas for a decision from the Western Australian Government on whether a proposed coal mine near the town can go ahead.

A proposal by LD Operations to mine coal at Osmington was deemed environmentally unacceptable by the Environmental Protection Authority.

The company appealed against the decision, which went to one man appeals committee Garry Middle before being handed back to the environment minister Mr Bill Marmion more than a week ago.

Mr Marmion says he cannot guarantee he will decide before Christmas. He added that "That's obviously up to me. The appeals conveners provided me with a report and that's something that I'm considering at the moment. I don't really want to put a time frame on it but I will try and make a decision as soon as I can."

(source from www.abc.net.au)

No comments: