Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:19pm GMT
Work at the site stopped on Jan. 30, and the company said it plans to restart talks with the Elkview union bargaining committee to reach a new agreement.
Last Tuesday, the company said it had reached a tentative agreement with the union at its Elkview coal mine.
Teck, one of the world's top exporters of metallurgical coal, a key raw material used to make steel, has a 95 percent interest in the Elkview mine. The remaining 5 percent is split between Japan's Nippon Steel Corp and South Korean steelmaker Posco .
Teck shares closed at C$53.37 on Friday on the Toronto Stock Exchange. (Reporting by Bhaswati Mukhopadhyay in Bangalore; Editing by Unnikrishnan Nair, sourced Reuters)